If you remember back to my “New Years Goals Post”, you might have begun to think that I have actually lost my marbles. Me? Do a handstand and then walk? Not a sight that many people want to see. But, I am sticking to it. That and all of those other little plans I made for 2012 (you can find the comprehensive list here). I thought, since it is mid-January, that I should just check in and see where I am on my goals. (I am reading “The Happiness Project” and it seems that constant reminders of our goals can either help achieve them or make you so annoyed and frustrated that you give up on them. I am hoping for the latter.)
So, how am I doing on the handstand goal?
In the past two weeks, I have:
1) gone to five! yoga* classes (including a fun ariel yoga class and a weird hot yoga class);
2) practiced handstands in my room, up against a wall. (Thanks for the tip, Kristi!) During that time, I had a couple of seconds of perfect balance without touching the wall!;
3) tried to do a backbend and realized that either my arms are just way too weak or my body is way to big;
4) lost 1.2 pounds. I have a mini-goal of 5 pounds by the end of January–so I’ll be saying goodbye to sugar from here on out.
Feeling pretty good about those minor accomplishments. As far as other goals:
1) I have gone to spin class 4 times and went and priced out bicycles for the Seattle to Portland ride. Spinning makes me work so hard that I want to cry–seriously tears start to well up in my eyes sometimes. Does that happen to anyone else?
2) I’ve been cooking a ton and have recipes for chicken curry, amazing pork butt, and strawberry cheesecake ice cream and some experimental peanut butter bars posting soon. You will love them all.
3) On the home front, I am trying to be nice. Exceptionally nice (a tip from “The Happiness Project”). And, it seems to be working**.
4) Blogging has gone to the wayside, as far as writing goes–but I am having my site totally redesigned and getting ready to launch a whole new blog. I am very excited about that and will tell you more about it later.
5) I’m reading again! Like I have mentioned twice now, I am reading, “The Happiness Project” and just finished, “Poser:My Life in 23 Yoga Poses”. Up next: Ishmael (upon my brothers request) and Bossypants by Tina Fey.
6) I’ve watched good movies, including Our Idiot Brother, True Grit, and the pilot for the FX show “Justified”.
I’m hoping to keep this momentum going through the year and I am happy to say that I have lasted two weeks and feel like I am going strong.
How are you doing with your New Year Goals?
* More later on the yoga front. There is so much to say.
** Except my mom. For some reason, it doesn’t work with her.